The Austin Family Dentistry Page
The Austin Family Dentistry page is your resource for finding the best Austin family dentist for you.
There are any number or reasons you might be searching for a family dentist. Maybe you:
Whatever your motivation, finding the right dentist has a very positive and real impact on your life.
- are new to the Austin Texas area
- need a new dentist since your current one is retiring
- have children and want the convenience of using the same dentist for the entire family
Tips for Finding the Best Austin Family Dentist
When looking for a new dentist, consider these tips:
- Referrals from family, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances will be your best source of information. Don't just ask one or two people, however. Ideally, you want to seek out those people who have some level of dental anxiety to begin with. And if they rave about their dentist? That's probably the highest (and most trusted) vote of confidence you're going to get.
- If applicable, make sure the recommended dentist from above is kid-friendly. If you're looking for a dental practice you can take the whole family, seek out referrals from your child's perspective as well. A good family dentist needs to have a special rapport with his or her smallest patients as well.
- Evaluate the logistics of the practice you're considering. How convenient is the location from your workplace (or your spouse's if applicable)? How close it to your child's school?
- Verify that any practice your considering accepts your insurance. This is an important step. It's not enjoyable to get excited about a dentist only to find out later that his or her practice isn't able to accept your insurance.
- Utilize your own insurance resources. One good starting point is to use the online directory your dental insurance provides listing all the family dentists in your insurance network for your geographic area.
- Research office hours and ease of access. How far in advance must you make an appointment? [This works both ways - you probably don't want an Austin dentist where the wait is several months - but you might want to think twice about a dentist where there's never any wait (or business).] What access does the dentist provide for emergency situations (e.g. evenings and weekends)?
- Online Research. Obviously you're already doing that or you wouldn't be here. But keep researching online Austin family dentistry resources. Remember - this is a long term relationship you're seeking to initiate. It's worth a little extra effort in the beginning to make sure you make the choice that's right for you and your family.
Return from Austin Family Dentistry to Austin Dentist Overview
Return from Austin Family Dentistry to Real Austin Texas Home Page