KGSR - 107.1 FM
KGSR 107.1 Official Website
Overall, probably my favorite Austin radio station. Great mix of great music: rock, blues, progressive country, some classic rock, a little reggae, and a whole lot of local and regional artists. From Dylan to the Dixie Chicks, KGSR is Austin's grown up station.
Programming and Station Highlights
- "The Late Show" - it's not your typical Austin Radio morning show. Aptly named, it broadcasts 8am-10am weekdays and features knowledgeable and likable DJs Bryan Beck and Andy Langer. There's plenty of local music and related news and conversations. The show also features an interesting variety of musical and non-musical guests.
- "Lone Star State of Mind" with Roger Allen is broadcast Friday nights 10pm - Midnight. Showcases Texas music and frequently includes live guests.
- "Interviews and Performances" - Highly Recommended - Check out the online and on demand archive. This is a cool and amazing resource, especially now that there's a growing library of video performances recorded live in the KGSR Music Lounge.
- Maintains a useful online Artist Bio directory, which includes numerous local and regional artists.
- Sponsors and promotes various popular live music events each summer: Shady Grove's Unplugged at the Grove (Thursday nights, now in its 16th season), Blues on the Green (every other Wednesday, this summer at Waterloo Park while Zilker Park is undergoing renovations for the upcoming ACL Fest this October), and the Live at the Lake $5 monthly concert series at the Lakeway Resort & Spa.
- Promotes and distributes popular "Broadcast CDs" each Thanksgiving/Christmas containing some of the best live studio performances in the station's studio during the previous year. Proceeds go to charity and they usually sell out fast.
Return to Austin Radio Stations
Return to Real Austin Texas Home Page