KLBJ 93.7 FM - "The Rock of Austin"
Austin Radio Stations
93.7 KLBJ Official Website
Austin's premiere and unabashed hard rock/classic rock station has been broadcasting since 1972. Every city needs a radio station like this one, and KLBJ has been doing its civic duty well for a long time.
KLBJ FM Programming and Highlights
- 6am - 10am - The Dudley and Bob Morning Show - hosted by Dale Dudley and Bob Fonseca. Maladjusted and dysfunctional yet still somehow progressive, Dudley and Bob is one of the two good morning shows on Austin radio (see the 101X entry below for the other one), but still not recommended in excessive quantities.
- 10am - 2pm - Charlie Hodge Rock n Roll Half Time Show with Charlie Hodge and co-host Matt Sadler. Sometmes hilarious, sometimes painful.
- 2pm - 7pm - Rock at Work - with Kirsten, probably the coolest woman in Austin radio
- 7pm - Midnight - B-DOE
- Tuesdays 10:30 - MidnightLocal Licks with Loris Lowe - Highly Recommended - In studio performances and interviews with local artists.
- Podcasts of past shows of both Dudley and Bob and the Half Time Show - in the thousands now.
- Best KLBJ DJ to be fired - In 2007, the corporates fired Austin DJ icon Johnny Walker after demoting him to the afternoons. Unfortunately, they didn't give much thought about who they were going to replace him with. The KLBJ drive home was pretty lame for quite a while (anyone remember Nigel who was brought in because he was divisive and controversial?). Interesting that the station finally stopped the schtick programming and just returned to having someone cool (Kirsten) play music.
Return to Austin Radio Stations
Return to Real Austin Texas Home Page